Reducing Carbon Footprint
Commercial Laser Technologies Inc. reuses 84% of cartridges and fusers collected for remanufacturing. The process saves approximately 2.5 kg of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) per cartridge and a cartridge can be remanufactured approximately 3 times. Considerable CO2 reduction is also achieved by locally remanufacturing instead of importing from Asia and Mexico. Cartridges and Maintenance kits are handled from our facilities straight to the consumer.
10 Step Laser Toner Remanufacturing Process: (Remanufacturing Workflow)
- Inspection of raw materials (empties)
- Sorting all empty cartridges using only the premium ones to ensure optimal quality
- Recycling all materials from packaging to used hoppers and disassembling all non-conforming materials for recycling
- Empty cartridges are disassembled and cleaned
- All cartridges are re-assembled with OEM grade compatible components. The process includes installation of pre-qualified drum, wiper blade, doctor blade, PCR & magnetic roller.
- Refilling each cartridge to exact specified weight. Hoppers are filled with premium toners to technically match with the OPCs (drum) for optimal yields and printer performance.
- Each toner hopper is sealed with OEM style seal to ensure leak-proof cartridges and can easily be installed by end-user.
- Post testing – every cartridge is tested using industry standard print tests for outstanding performance and quality
- Packaging includes heat sealing cartridges in static resistant bags and boxes made from recycled materials.
- Each process is subject to strict quality control and undergoes regular inspections to guarantee products will meet expectations of the consumer.
Closed-Loop Environmental Process: (End-of-Life Workflow)
- Collection of Empty cartridges and delivered back to depot
- Non- premium cartridges disassembled to component level
- Components sorted by material type**Electronics and Components sent to Revolution Recycling
- For more information on our green remanufacturing process, please feel free to make an appointment with your sales representatives to visit our facilities. We are one of the last known toner and fuser remanufacturers in Toronto. Most have taken the cheaper but environmentally and economically damaging practice of importing from Asia and Mexico.
- *All other non-conforming parts sent to Wasteco sorting facilities
- *Aluminum and other metals sent to Manville Recycling